Mailscanner Gateway does not reject unknown users (more of a sendmail question, I think)

Jeff Ramsey jefframsey at tubafor.com
Fri Jul 20 17:55:14 IST 2007

I have read a few places on the net that claim this has been well
covered, but I cannot seem to find a configuration that works.

It either forwards all nonspam email on to my internal sendmail
server, or it rejects the unknown user messages but then does not
relay any email onto the internal email server.

If I list my domains in local-host-names, it does not relay any more
email for those domains, period. If I don't list the domains there,
it does not check incoming mail for a valid email address.

Jeff Ramsey
MIS Administrator
TMI Forest Products, Inc.
jefframsey at tubafor.com