FYI: PDFInfo and "Max SpamAssassin Size=40k"

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Thu Jul 19 19:40:26 IST 2007

On 7/19/2007 8:07 PM, Scott Silva wrote:
> Steve Campbell spake the following on 7/19/2007 10:57 AM:
>>
>> Alex Broens wrote:
>>> FWI: I'm using:
>>>
>>> Max Spam Check Size = 250000
>>> Max SpamAssassin Size = 2500000
>>>
>>> which, AFAIK are the default SA values.
>>>
>>> Alex
>>> --
>>> *Spammer hell has no DSL*
>>>

>> Maybe it's because I'm not up-to-date on my MS, but I don't have a Max
>> Spam Check Size parameter in my configuration file.
>>
>> The only "Size" parms I have are as follows:
>>
>> Maximum Message Size = 0
>> Maximum Attachment Size = -1
>> Minimum Attachment Size = -1
>> ClamAVmodule Maximum File Size = 10000000 # (10 Mbytes)
>> Max SpamAssassin Size = 2500000
>
> This setting will make mailscanner not send the message to spamassassin if it
> is over this size. Are the pdf spams bigger than that?

nope... not yet, but others may be.

250000 keeps you in Sync with the way SA is setup by default

It will also help fully make use of the Imageinfo and other SA plugins.
The Bayes plugin doesn't really enjoy getting truncated msgs either

While Jules' idea of saving resources by only sending chuncks or part of
the msg thru SA is good, I have never made friends with the concept.
(to me its like only allowing the doctor to check the top third of your
body, but the pain is in your foot.)

Alex