Reason for whitelisting?

Richard D Alloway ralloway at winbeam.com
Thu Jul 19 17:24:12 IST 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Matt Kettler wrote:

> Richard D Alloway wrote:
>>> MailScanner.conf.
>>>
>>> By default this would be /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.whitelist.rules
>>
>> Thanks, Matt, but that is one of the config files that I've already
>> searched through and found nothing matching.
>>

> Interesting. Did you double-check MailScanner.conf to make sure "Is Definitely
> Not Spam" still points to that file?

Aha!

Yes, it does point to that file, but it helps to remember to use egrep (or
'grep -e') when searching for multiple patterns!

"psy at xxxxxxx" was whitelisted, which caused the entire email to be whitelisted.

It would be nice, still, if MailScanner reported the item that caused the
entire message to be whitelisted. :)

Thanks!

-Rich