MailScanner Lint logic

Brad Beckenhauer bbecken at aafp.org
Wed Jul 18 19:47:58 IST 2007

>>> Res <res at ausics.net> 7/17/2007 4:48 PM >>>

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Brad Beckenhauer wrote:

> Julian,
> If MailScanner is stopped and MailScanner --lint is run, the lint
> outputs the below information.
> Would you consider revising the lint logic to cleanup the output?
>
> # MailScanner --lint
> Could not read file /var/run/MailScanner.pid at
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 2376
> Error in line 181, file "/var/run/MailScanner.pid" for pidfile does
not
> exist (or can not be read) at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm
> line 2556

Brad, what version you running?  I don't see this on tarball
install...

Running 4.60.8 on Centos 4.4, Installed via the rpm.
I get the message when:
# /etc/init.d/MailScanner stop
# /usr/sbin/MailScanner --lint
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 46171 Jun  1 04:51 /usr/sbin/MailScanner

root at valhalla:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.sendmail mailscanner-stop
Stopping MailScanner... Done.
root at valhalla:~# /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner --lint
Read 797 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Checking version numbers...
Version number in MailScanner.conf (4.61.7) is correct.

Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
SpamAssassin temporary working directory is
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
SpamAssassin temp dir =
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin-Temp
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.
Using locktype = posix
Creating hardcoded struct_flock subroutine for linux (Linux-type)
MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = f-prot"
Found these virus scanners installed: f-prot

--
Cheers
Res