ClamScan Denial of Service attack

Koopmann, Jan-Peter jan-peter at koopmann.eu
Wed Jul 18 09:10:57 IST 2007

> I know the latest MailScanner has full support for clamd, and it
> appears to work fine, but
> we have a lot of servers running with the same config, so to upgrade
> all of them to the
> latest MS+Clam will take forever.

You should still consider it.

> Does the latest stable release of clam correct the problem with using
> clamav as our virus
> scanner with MS, can we just upgrade Clam on all our servers or do we
> have to upgrade all of
> these servers to the latest MS+Clam etc?

Depending on what version of MS you are running you should be fine with
the clamav upgrade. It might/should help you a bit since 0.91 has
improved a bit on resource usage. However the speed increase you get by
switching MailScanner from clam-wrapper to clamd on high volume servers
is still worth considering!

Regards,
  JP