Postfix header check to reject certain senders

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 23:21:45 IST 2007

On 17/07/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> Glenn Steen spake the following on 7/17/2007 4:55 AM:
> > On 17/07/07, Gareth <list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com> wrote:
> >> A bit off topic but you are normally a friendly bunch :)
> >>
> >> I am trying to get postfix () to reject mail from certain senders rather
> >> than accept and then delete it in mailscanner.
> >>
> >> One such mail has the following in the headers:-
> >> From: root at adsl.linguaphone.com
> >> To: root at adsl.linguaphone.com
> >> Subject: adsl.linguaphone.com security run output
> >>
> >> I have my postfix header checks set to use regexp matching and the file
> >> contains :-
> >>
> >> /^From:.*\@adsl\.linguaphone\,com/                      REJECT Sender
> >> address blacklisted.
> >> /^Received:/ HOLD
> >>
> >> The problem is that the mail I am trying to block is not being rejected.
> >> All mail is being put in the hold queue and Mailscanner working
> >> correctly so header checks are working.
> >> Have I done something wrong with the syntax?
> >>
> > Look at rejecting the _envelope_ sender instead. That From: is
> > probably spoofed to high heaven:-).
> >
> > Also, this should be done in the access map instead.
> > ... Then again, I'm on vacation, so the brain might be sligtly turned
> > off (more than usual, that is:-).
> >
> > Cheers
> You sure get a lot of vacation! Have you been completely free of work, or have
> you been "tapped" a few times by the PHB's?

<Wildly OT>
Three weeks might be considered much by some, I guess.... I usually
try to get four each summer, but due to the SE asia trip this spring
.... three was all I could get out of the PHB:-):-)

Been "tapped" by the PHB, a retiring DBA, a few programmers some
windoze admins and some few users(!)... That and the raining and the
usual repairs on the house (painting the awnings (I think that's the
right word for that particular part of the roof:-)... A lot of
climbing around, which isn't as easy as it used to be:-)... Not much
of a vacation....:-).
VPN is the death of relaxation and recreation.... You know how it is.
</Wildly OT>

Cheers
--
-- Glenn