{Disarmed} Confusion regarding whitelisting... (scan.messages.rules vs. spam.whitelist.rules?)

Rick Tait rickt at rickt.org
Mon Jul 16 22:35:49 IST 2007

On 7/16/07, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

Julian -- I appreciate your response sir!

> I am trying to make sure that certain emails are NOT spam-checked (
> > It is my understanding that I can use the "Scan
> > Messages" directive for this.
> If you use that, it will not virus-scan them either. If you just want to
> stop spam checks, use "Spam Checks" for doing this.

Understood, thank you for the clarification. I will definitely move back to
using Spam Checks for the whitelisting.

Check that the envelope sender address is really where the message is
> claiming to come from, for starters.

Yes, I already have done that -- I should have mentioned that in my initial
post to the list. It's definitely a legit email/sender. Here are the
relevant headers: