Confusion regarding whitelisting... (scan.messages.rules vs. spam.whitelist.rules?)

Rick Tait rickt at rickt.org
Mon Jul 16 21:16:02 IST 2007

Hi all,

I am suffering a little bit of confusion regarding whitelisting, and I am
hoping that someone can help me out. I'm sure its very simple.

I am trying to make sure that certain emails are NOT spam-checked (i.e.
whitelisted). It is my understanding that I can use the "Scan Messages"
directive for this. OK, so the email address I want to be whitelisted is:
jeffgund at infolist.com<http://gort.flamingangelfilms.com/sqmail/src/compose.php?send_to=jeffgund%40infolist.com>
.

So the appropriate parts of my MailScanner.conf are:

Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules
Is Definitely Not Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.whitelist.rules
Is Definitely Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.blacklist.rules

And in my /etc/MailScanner/rules/scan.messages.rules, I have the following
(which I understand tells MailScanner NOT to scan messages from this
address, but then scan all others):