installation for mailscanner

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Jul 15 21:56:19 IST 2007

1. Remove the spamassassin rpm with
    rpm -e spamassassin
2. Install MailScanner.
3. Then install my ClamAV+SpamAssassin package, tell it not to install
ClamAV (just run the script, it will prompt you). Tell it that clamscan
is installed in /usr/bin/clamscan (it will prompt you for this too).
4. Install Razor and DCC (your system won't already have them, they
aren't in any standard Linux distributions).
5. Either install RulesDuJour (see www.fsl.com/support) or else read my
recent posting to the list entitled
HOWTO: Adding extra rulesets to SpamAssassin (posted on 8th July 2007)
By the way, there's one mistake in there. you need to do
    mkdir /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-update-keys
before you do the command with '--import' in it. Otherwise you'll get an
error message from it.
It is arguable that my HOWTO is nowadays a better way to do it than
RulesduJour.

I wouldn't bother wading through reading all my install.sh scripts. Just
run them, they stop to give you time to read things. And they will ask
you if they need to know anything.

mailadmin at baladia.gov.kw wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am new to mailscanner n have gone throght the docs..
> but wanna clear a few doubts b4
>
> the following have already been installed
>
> Centos 4.5
> perl-5.8.5-36.RHEL4
> spamassassin-3.2.1-1.el4.rf
> clamav-0.91-1.el4.rf
>
> I downloaded the (install-Clam-0.91-SA-3.2.1) and read the install.sh
> script says
> 'If you want to use MailScanners support for Clamd (virus-scanning'
> echo 'daemon) then I recommend you cancel this script now (press Ctrl-C)'
> echo 'and install the RPMs for clamav, clamav-db and clamd from'
> echo '     http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/clamav'

> so i did the above and hence have the above
>
> but later in the install script i see the followin

>  echo
>   echo '*** IMPORTANT ***'
>   sleep 2
>   echo I could not find your MailScanner virus.scanners.conf file.
>   echo Please locate the file yourself and edit the clamav and clamd lines
> in it.
>   echo On those 2 lines, the path at the end of each line needs to be
> $CLAMPRINT.
>
> now im confused ..
>
> 1) do i ned to run the install.sh script in /install-Clam-0.91-SA-3.2.1
> directory since it will install not only clamav but also spamassassin as i
> dont see any clamav.conf file. OR do i have to install the mailScanner
> software first
>
> appreciate if you can tell me the steps
>
> also i see that
> echo 'Now you need to install:'
> echo '1) Razor-agents-sdk and Razor2 from http://razor.sourceforge.net/ and'
> echo '2) DCC from http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/ and'
> echo '3) Rules_Du_Jour from http://www.fsl.com/support'
>
> how do i know if my system has already the above installed .
>

> Thanks and Apprecite
>

> regards
>
> simon

Jules