Auto Reply

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 16:31:53 IST 2007

On 14/07/07, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, René Berber wrote:
>
> > Glenn Steen wrote:

> >> In the best of worlds.... nothing.
> >> Baring that (and after explaining the point Ken made) you could always
> >> try convince them that they would be better off doing mailbox
> >> delegations.... and baring that.... well, is vacation still working,
> >> anyone?:-)
> >
> > Yes, vacation still works.  Hint for OP: it comes with sendmail.
>
> Well. I think I can propably write some .procmail recipy that is 10 times
> less problematic then you average annoying Exchange autoresponder. It's
> just that I hate the buggers sufficiently not wanting to add another
> menace by building my own autoresponder.
>
> Hugo.

Very true Hugo.... As you probably guessed from my reasoning, I'm less
than enthused myself... And mystified, by the users and the PHBs
enormously dense minds.... They've seen the results of bad
autoresponders, I've explained it (in detail) ... and they _still_ are
adamant that they _need_ it. Sigh. I give up. It's been noted in
protocols, and is now on the PHBs head. I wash my hands;).
Just goes to show the wonders of corporate life, I guess:-D

Cheers
--
-- Glenn