Feature(s)

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at woodmclaw.com
Fri Jul 13 15:28:47 IST 2007

I have found a solution that I really like but it is just too much
money, plus MailScanner almost does it and it would be a lot cheaper and
better.

Here is the reference product:
http://www.emailarchivesolutions.com/Defender.htm

I have demoed it and it is fast and simple.  I can't remember the export
file type, but it can export all emails from a search to one file.  It
is the most common file that can be imported or exported to about
everything.

Things to maybe adding to MailScanner might be:
- Ability to catch the internet Exchange email via journal
- Export the searched email to a common file format.  Maybe some of the
reading on the product tells somewhere, but I didn't read it all yet and
I forget the file type.
- Upgrade the web interface to reflect it.  I really like the how the
search is laid out for this and for the MailArchiva application that was
mentioned by someone else.  I don't know if this would be a job for the
MailWatch.