MailScanner.conf and MailScanner.conf.local

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Wed Jul 11 23:16:10 IST 2007

Something I had asked before would be Behavior similar to exim where it
notices when an external file changes and reloads any data it uses rather
than using the cached information. If I change something in a lookup file
(in exim) I don't have to worry about restarting the daemon. So with MS if I
change something in a rule file it would be nice not to have to restart MS
to gain access to the changed information. Before it processes a rulefile
check to see if it has changed and reload if it has. Same with the config
file, check ever XYZ min and reload if the file has changed. I would think
some kind of crc or simple stat would work. Of course that might be
difficult with the internal structure of MS I have never really looked at
the flow that closely

Rick

believed to be clean.