MailScanner not Logging!!

Alistair Carmichael Alistair.Carmichael at ntltravel.com
Tue Jul 10 15:24:51 IST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Themba
Ntleki
Sent: 10 July 2007 15:16
To: mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
Subject: MailScanner not Logging!!

Hi All,

I have a huge problem with MailScanner not logging messages,
With my working installs, When I: tail -f /var/log/mail

I can see: Logging message MSG#ID to SQL
then see:
Logged message MSG#ID to SQL.

With my problematic install, I cannot see the message: 'Logged message
MSG#ID to SQL.' in the mail logs.
I'm running Suse Linux.

I have tried upgrading to the latest version of MailScanner, but nothing

helps so far,

Please Help....

Kind Regards,
Themba Ntleki

Hi,
Check your MailWatch.pm file that you have the correct database name,
user, password and host configured here, if these are correct make sure
you can connect with:
mysql -u(username) -p(password) -h(host) (dbname)
At command line, you should get to a prompt like mysql> if you get an
error this is likely to be the same cause of why you don't see the
logged message x to sql, if this all succeeds I would restart
mailscanner in debug mode paying attention to your maillog file and your
messages file.

http://www.dcdata.co.za/emaildisclaimer.html