Beta release: 4.62.2

James lists at jfworks.net
Mon Jul 9 22:07:24 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:

> I have just released a new beta to support the SAUPDATEARGS setting in
> /etc/MailScanner/sysconfig for easy implementation of the HOWTO I just
> published on adding extra rulesets to SpamAssassin without having to use
> RulesDuJour.
>
> The full Change Log is this:
>
> * New Features and Improvements *
> 1 Improved non-Linux installer.
> 1 Improved Linux installer.
> 1 Updated OpenBSD installation guide. Thanks to Jeremy Evans for this.
> 1 Upgraded MIME::Base64 to 3.07.
> 1 Improved error reporting for clamd permissions problems. Thanks Rick.
> 2 Added SAUPDATEARGS to /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner and
>   /usr/sbin/update_spamassassin. For a good use of this, see
>   http://daryl.dostech.ca/sa-update/sare/sare-sa-update-howto.txt and search
>   for "HOWTO" in the Subject: line of the MailScanner-discussion list
> archive.
>   This process replaces RulesDuJour entirely.
>   Another good ruleset to add to your setup is
>   http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/SpamAssassin/contrib/KAM.cf
>   To download this automatically every night, fetch
>   http://www.mailscanner.info/files/4/KAM.cf.sh and put it in
> /etc/cron.daily
>   and make it executable (type "chmod +x /etc/cron.daily/KAM.cf.sh").
>
> Jules

Installed and working fine :)
The directions you had posted regarding sa-update were helpfull, thanks.
My question is this: In the /etc/cron.daily/update_spamassassin script
there is comment about the default
behavior and that it can cause problems if implimented. Is there any
reason that I should not enable this script as I do want the
daily updates vi sa-update ? Should I make my own cron for this then?

Thanks,
James