How to monitor the health of the MailScanner architecture

Holger Nöfer holger at noefer.org
Mon Jul 9 19:33:15 IST 2007

Hi,

for the monitoring of my server I use hobbit.
It has very nice plugins.
If you use hobbit you have a hobbit-server (Monitoring server)
and a hobbit-client (e.g. Mailserver).
The Server does some checks from the server side an the
client reports some values, like cpu load, disk usage, inodes, mailq
items, mailq size and so on. On both sides, server and client, you can
create your own scripts which can monitor your system.

At the server side you can connect a gsm modem to the server to notify
an admin if the server hase some problems or you can use emails to
notify them.

It is very nice ;-)

Best regards,
Holger