SOLVED: Re: Problem with MS on OpenBSD 4.1

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Wed Jul 4 15:54:20 IST 2007

After my fourth day on this issue, I tried to reactivate my previous
install under an i386 machine with 4.59.4. I haven't got that far there
so I had still the default setup and no migration of configuration and
just tested it to see if I get detailed headers which I surprisingly got.
To minimize my own errors I did migrate the config line by line and
after every line changed I ran a test to see if my detailed report
headers disappear or not.

Suddenly when adding my Mail Header=  rule file to the config i started
to lack the detailed reports...after looking at this rule file I used
there I felt incredibly stupid (or as maxsec said: The problem has been
between the chair and the keyboard). I used config variables like
%mail_header% in my rule file, but those vars were not defined in the
main MailScanner.conf like:
%mail_header% = X-%org-name%-MailScanner:

Okay, I added those missing vars - et viola (courtesy to Kelly Bundy) I
got my detailed reports in header...

Maybe the MS debug output could have mentioned something regarding this,
but thats not an excuse for a completely stupid migration mistake from me.

Anyway, I want to say thanks, first for all that offered help and
assistance and second for MailScanner, which is really an exciting tool
for me.

Cheers and thx alot again,
Christoph