clamd configuration?

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Wed Jul 4 00:42:00 IST 2007

[...]
 > > I'm running this on centos 4.5 with clamav/clamd from dag's repo.
 > I went through the config file for clamd and found that the TCP port
 > wasn't enabled for the daemon, so I uncommented out the line, and
 > restarted clamd. Still not working.
 >
 > Oy.
 >
 > Not sure what to do next.

Please run MailScanner in debug mode, show what is output from the clamd
section, and if possible the clamd.conf, remember that is where the clam
daemon is getting it's parameter. If MailScanner cannot reach clamd there
will be alerts even if you are not in debug mode. Also note if you supply a
path to the socket the port is not used. If you are not using unix sockets
(/tmp/clamd or /tmp/clamd.sock, etc) then you should have an IP address
(probably 127.0.0.1) for the socket address.

Rick

believed to be clean.