SpamAssassin is constantly timing out

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue Jul 3 16:41:24 IST 2007

On Monday, July 02, 2007 12:46 PM Julian Field said:

> Start MailScanner with
> MailScanner -debug -debug-sa
> and thump Ctrl-S when it pauses. This should tell you what is causing
> the timeouts. (Ctrl-Q continues the output that Ctrl-S pauses)

Thanks Julian.

I had no idea what I was looking for as the information came up but on
one of the times when I paused the output I noticed it said that ClamAV
was out of date or not compatible or something. I put my thinking cap on
and remembered that I never ran the ClamAV+SA module that I downloaded
from the MailScanner site. So I ran that and restarted MailScanner and
checked the maillog this morning and it looks like the timeouts have
stopped.

But during the install process of the ClamAV+SA module I got this
message:

About to build the ClamAV virus scanner
./install.sh: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

That doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, but still it seems that
ClamAV is working because of the following messages in maillog:

Jul  3 05:12:03 filter MailScanner[26690]: I have found bitdefender
clamavmodule scanners installed, and will use them all by default.
Jul  3 06:08:51 filter update.virus.scanners: Found clamav installed
Jul  3 06:08:51 filter update.virus.scanners: Running autoupdate for
clamav
Jul  3 06:08:52 filter ClamAV-autoupdate[29788]: ClamAV did not need
updating

Does all this sound copasetic?

Thanks!
Chris.