Problem with MS on OpenBSD 4.1

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Tue Jul 3 16:19:57 IST 2007

Hi Julian,

Thanks for your reply.

Julian Field wrote:
..

> >When I run MS and SA in debug mode I get an error at line 832 in
> >Mailscanner which is the following line:
>
> >$batch->Explode();
>
> >The error I get is
>
> ><loads of debug deleted>
> >[24820] dbg: locker: safe_unlock: unlocked
> /root/.spamassassin/bayes.mutex
> >[24820] dbg: learn: initializing learner
> >Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
>

> That line gives a hint.
>
> >format error: can't find EOCD signature
> > at /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner line 832
>

> So you can ignore that.
>
> >Stopping now as you are debugging me.
> > Done.
>

> It has run to completion normally. It hasn't bombed out on an error at
> all. It has done exactly what it is supposed to do in Debug mode:
> process 1 batch of messages and then exit.

Ok thanks, i was thinking that too, but somebody on irc told me i need
to get rid of this line832 error and that would solve my problem of not
having any detailed Spamassassin result headers at all.

So could you give me any direction or hints where I could further search
to get that problem of not having detailed results in the header solved,
since thats the only problem I really have.

Or asked else: Is anybody on this list running a current MailScanner on
OpenBSD 4.1 successfully and do you have any hints for me where too look ?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Christoph