Problem with MS on OpenBSD 4.1

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Tue Jul 3 15:56:44 IST 2007

Hello,

I am using Mailscanner since quite a time and I am currently building up
a new site with the latest components and a recent OS.

I am using MailScanner 4.61.7 on OpenBSD 4.1_stable (as of 29th of June).

I have my MailScanner running as it seems, but however and whatever I
configure I never get detailed Spamassassin results in the header. Just
the Spamscore character or the numeric Score (depening on how i
configure it). But the spam recognition seems to work so far.

I have all options in MailScanner.conf that seem to refer to that set to
yes:

Spam Score = yes
Detailed Spam Report = yes
Include Scores In SpamAssassin Report = yes
Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes

When I run MS and SA in debug mode I get an error at line 832 in
Mailscanner which is the following line:

$batch->Explode();

The error I get is

<loads of debug deleted>
[24820] dbg: locker: safe_unlock: unlocked /root/.spamassassin/bayes.mutex
[24820] dbg: learn: initializing learner
Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
format error: can't find EOCD signature
 at /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner line 832
Stopping now as you are debugging me.
 Done.

I currently have no Antivirus configured since in the beginning I got
issues with MailScanner telling that it can't change group to "clamav"
(its named _clamav in OpenBSD), so I fixed this and the error went away,
but to make sure I set the Antivirus to none.

I haven't included my complete config, Mailscanner -v output and/or the
complete debug output since its quite large and I was unsure if this
would be considered rude on this list.
So if I need to post them I'll happily provide them here.

If anybody has any hints for me where to look further or what to do I
would highly appreciate it, I am working on this since almost 2 days and
I am really running out of ideas on where to look.

Many thanks in advance and cheers from rainy switzerland,
Christoph