Wierd question

Chuck Rock carock at epconline.com
Mon Jul 2 21:14:29 IST 2007

Excellent, I will test.

Basically for the other guy, I had a mail server running MS and clamAV and
SpamAssassin. All free stuff, works nice mostly.

I purchased a Barracuda to "add" domains to with an extra fee for the
expensive commercial spam filter.

The final destination server is still the same. I just changed MX so only
the Barracuda was listed.

What I've found through experience though, servers will continue to send
mail to the old MX record even though it doesn't exist. I still have servers
receiving messages for domains we haven't hosted for years.

To keep the spammers from bypassing the new Barracuda filter inserted in the
mail flow, I must make the final destination server ignore messages from all
other IP's for incoming mail destined for specific domains and only allow
them from the new spam filter device IP.

If any of you have a filter like this, and you haven't limited the old MX
server from receiving mail from just any IP for the domain, spam is probably
getting past your new filter.

Thanks,
Chuck