SpamAssassin is constantly timing out

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon Jul 2 20:30:20 IST 2007

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the latest (as of two weeks ago) MailScanner and
now SpamAssassin is consistently timing out.

I believe the original timeout period was 60 seconds but I've since
increased it to 300 seconds and it still seems to be consistently timing
out every five minutes. My old setting was 300 seconds and I didn't have
this problem.

The server load is pretty good (I think):

[root at filter /var/log]# uptime
 12:19:06 up 112 days,  1:40,  1 user,  load average: 1.47, 1.77, 1.87

If it's still timing out at five minutes and the server load is not
high, might it not be a processing power issue?

Where else should I look?

Thanks!
Chris.