rc.mailscanner

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Mon Jul 2 19:04:32 IST 2007

Pablo Allietti wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 05:31:58PM +0200, Koopmann, Jan-Peter wrote:
>
>>> nop, this script is only for sendmail and exim, the pid in postfix is

>>> group of pids in folder /var/spool/postfix/pid :( and i dont know how
>>> add this to the script..
>>>
>> What about the postfix port in FreeBSD? It surely has a MTA start/stop
>> mechanism at hand. Why not use that and the mailscanner start/stop
>> script of my port?
>>

> because the port give me an error like said in other mail before that...
>
> i installed from source and work, i only need this script to start stop
> with postfix.

Thats usually not a good solution on FreeBSD is a port exists. Indeed
there is a port for MailScanner and postfix, they both come with startup
scripts and work just fine (on my systems). I would recommend you
troubleshoot your port install process, you may want to deinstall all,
update the tree and try again.