OT: building new server, need MTA advice

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Jan 31 20:14:05 CET 2007

Dhawal Doshy spake the following on 1/31/2007 8:43 AM:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>> Res spake the following on 1/30/2007 4:37 AM:

>>> who voted no to qmail? It in fact the best for virtual domains.
>> The original poster of the thread
>> "We're looking for something that is secure, efficient, maintained (which
>> rules out qmail)..."
>
> One (actually 2) patch to rule them all.. and bring qmail to the current
> century. So does your current MTA support SPF/DomainKeys without a
> milter/policy_daemon? This one does..
> http://qmail.jms1.net/patches/combined.shtml
>
> The original qmail may no longer be maintained, but it is still rock
> solid and quite efficient.. and a few patches do bring it to the level
> of a sendmail/postfix/exim.. plus as Res adds "show a product that
> compares to qmail virtual domains".
>
> 2 coins..
> - dhawal
But does Julian support qmail in mailscanner?
More patches?

I didn't badmouth qmail, as I haven't used it. I have considered postfix, and
might try it in my next server build. Used exim only on a Debian print server
I built back in the stone age. Since I don't have time to do much consulting
anymore with linux (my spare time is spent fixing windows machines for extra
$$$), so I really can't spend a lot of time with new things.
I'm only using sendmail because, like was said before, it is the devil I know.

I hate to waste all that time I banged my head against the wall!

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and