Disable quarantine.

Rick Chadderdon mailscanner at yeticomputers.com
Wed Jan 31 18:30:04 CET 2007

Charles Lacroix wrote:
> I do want to scan for Dangerous Content
> as phishing fraud
>
> Virus scanning i am planning on pushing clamav in there.
> as i filter with clamav directly into postfix at the moment.
>

> How can we just disable attachment checks ?
>
> Or at worse, put a rule to allow everything.
So you want MailScanner to scan *only* for spam and phishing?
MailScanner might be too much tool for your needs since it seems as
though the only thing specific to MailScanner that you want to use is
its internal phishing/HTML scanner.  Still...

You might be able to achieve what you want by setting:

Virus Scanning = no  # the default is "Virus Scanning = yes"

and then using filetype.rules.conf and filename.rules.conf to allow the
most common kinds of files to pass through unmolested.  I'm not sure if
MailScanner still does filetype/filename scans if Virus Scanning is set
to "no", but you could give it a try.

You can always use rulesets to modify which messages get which tests.  I
recommend doing this rather than just opening up a huge hole by trying
to allow all attachments.

Rick