add high scoring spam to my rbl list

Rodney Richison Rodney at rcrcomputing.com
Wed Jan 31 03:34:49 CET 2007

> > Is there a way one might grab the ip of the high scoring spam
> > Mailscanner finds and have it put into my own rbl list for postfix
> > then deny...
> >
> > Kindof wondering if such a project exists.
> >

> Although not exactly what you're looking for, the Vispan project does
> essentially what I think you are looking to do.     It simply examines
> MailScanner's log and keeps track of spammers.    If a certain spammer
> sends more spams within a specified amount of time then what you
allow,
> then it automatically adds that sender to your access list so that
it's
> denied at the MTA level.

Looks like your reply has really hit the jackpot. After searching along
these lines, I've found a gentleman who has patched vispan to do exactly
that. Add them to a rbldns!  I will be installing vispan tonight along
with the patches. On a futher note, the author of vispan has implemented
the patch into the main program and is testing as we speak!