OT: building new server, need MTA advice

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Jan 29 23:48:34 CET 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Chris Yuzik wrote:

> We're in the process of building what will be our new web and mail server. We
> will be hosting several virtual domains and each will have anywhere from a
> few to a couple of hundred email users. Obviously we will be running
> MailScanner and also MailWatch. The box is running CentOS 4.4 (it's like
> RHEL).
>
> Since we're starting fresh on this box, we're not necessarily married to
> Sendmail like on our other servers. We could stick with Sendmail, or we could
> move over to Postfix or Exim (anything else worth considering?). We'd like to
> be able to add new spam-fighting features as they come out, such as the

Qmail and vpopmail is the easiest and simplest for virtual domains, its
not messy cluttered with alias files and whatever else, and they work hand
in hand together, no adding it to several places, simply use vadddomain
blah.com  then  vadduser blah at blah.com and it just works, handles millions
of users per domain and millions of domains :)

I'm a complete sendmail fan, and even thuogh I despise qmail for needing
to be patched for moderness, this is where qmail wins out over
anything in existance.

I am aware that someone might be about to take up on qmail2 ( modern
version ) since its original author has abandoned it.
Qmail is also probably the second most comon MTA.

--
Cheers
Res

"We can be Heroes, just for one day" - Davey (Jones) Bowie