OT: Sendmail : # of mails per TCP connection

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Jan 29 21:55:08 CET 2007

Randal, Phil a écrit :
> I was looking at this in the weekend and am still puzzled as to suitable
> values for ClientRate and ClientConn.  Any hints?
>
> Phil

I use the following values:
# default
ClientRate:                  5
# loopback
ClientRate:127.0.0.1         0
# my network
ClientRate:132.210          10
# about 10 internal/external hosts specified by IP address range from 10
to 300 with most values equal to 10

# default
ClientConn:                  2
# loopback
ClientConn:127.0.0.1         0
# my network
ClientConn:132.210           5
# about 10 internal/external hosts specified by IP address range from 4
to 25 with most values around 4-5

Look daily at your LogWatch output to spot hosts that go over your
limits and decide if you want to give them some slack or not.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste