New Beta 4.58.6 released

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Mon Jan 29 13:54:32 CET 2007

On Mon, January 29, 2007 12:31, Gerard Seibert wrote:
> I posted the original post regarding 'p' records on the Postfix forum,
> and these are two of the responses that I received.
>
> //Quote//
>
> He is referring to his mis-use of the non-public, undocumented Postfix
> queue file format and plans to keep track of changes in this format
> rather than abandon its use.
>
> Mailscanner attempts to implement a fast-path for messages that are not
> modified by the content scanner. It cuts too many corners to achieve
> this goal.
>
> 	Viktor.
>
> //End Quote//
>
> //Quote//
>
> It means that some people don't understand ELEMENTARY SOFTWARE
> ENGINEERING practice.
>
> I spend huge efforts to maintain compatibility with software that
> depends on EXTERNAL Postfix interfaces, even when MAJOR changes
> are made to Postfix. If something breaks anyway, then I will do my
> best to provide a solution to make it work again.
>
> Postfix queue files are an INTERNAL interface.
>
> Software that depends on Postfix INTERNAL interfaces breaks the
> warranty. It is unsupported. It breaks even with MINOR Postfix
> changes, and I will not provide a solution when it breaks.
>
> 	Wietse
>
> //End Quote//

Always such a delight to see nothing changes. :-)

Well those of us using Postfix with MailScanner always knew that it would
always be down to MailScanner to do the fixing :-(

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ