New Beta 4.58.6 released

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 10:00:48 CET 2007

On 29/01/07, Mike Jakubik <mikej at rogers.com> wrote:
> Julian Field wrote:
> > There was 1 serious bug in 4.58.5 which I have now hopefully fixed.
> >
> > *Please* give this version a try as I don't intend changing anything
> > before the 1st Feb stable release unless you notify me of any problems
> > or bugs.
> >
> > Support for the 'p' records in Postfix 2.3/2.4 will have to wait for
> > the next release of MailScanner, personally I think it is a nasty
> > bodge. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Weitse changed his mind on
> > this topic, he certainly should do.
>
> Julian,
>
> Could you give a little more detail as to what 'p' records are, and how
> this will affect MS's compatibility with postfix?
>
> Thanks.
Mike,

Download the postfix source and read the comment in
src/cleanup/cleanup_milter.c (starts on line 114 in the version 2.3.6
sources). This is so far the best explanation of what it is I've
found.

If we manage to implement "support" for it correctly, it'll not change
the support/non-support status of postfix one whit (Jules still
supports it, Wietse will still see us as more evil than the horned
devil for perusing the queue files directly... Well, perhaps not that
evil, but close:-).

We aim at making "milter edited queue files" -> "a (new) normal queue file".

If you want my patches to look at beforehand, I can get them to you in
a blink:-). So far they've been tested by me and Nerijus Baliunas (who
is a brave soul and seems to be running them in production:-). They're
good for 2.3 with milters, not yet 2.4 with body editing milters.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn