SOT: AntiVirus Software

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jan 25 21:33:56 CET 2007

> The free version still includes this statement in it;
>
>     Thank  you  for  choosing  to  install  the  freeware version of
>     BitDefender for Linux Console Free Edition. It can be used  free
>     of  charge.  It is fully functional and without any restrictions
>     regarding the licensed version of the product.
>
> I'm not a lawyer, but it looks like it is still free.

Looking at my logs, it doesn't seem to be hitting anything here lately.
Especially the new Trojan.Downloader-??? that clam has been getting since last
weekend. Even a scan of the quarantined file shows nothing. Even McAfee is
getting these!

I guess it is time to hit the flusher on Bitdefender.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and