SOT: AntiVirus Software

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Thu Jan 25 11:53:11 CET 2007

--[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> I have recently built a new server and currently only use ClamAV and
> Bitdefender with MailScanner.  I would like to introduce a commercial
> scanner aswell, but there appears to be so many on the market now.
>
> I do like Kaspersky, but you seem to be unable to buy and download in
> the UK :(
>
> Any other recommendations ?

My recommendation would be to get rid of BitDefender - it's no longer
available for download for free and it's quite slow.

Then look at either F-Prot or NOD32 as these have a reputation for being
the fastest two scanners aside from ClamAVmodule or SophosSAVI (expensive).

You can even get NOD32 immediately via download if you purchase it
through their website and they'll mail you the license key.

Kind regards,
Steve.