quarantine in postfix without the directory

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Wed Jan 24 17:40:39 CET 2007

On Wed, January 24, 2007 13:13, jcb dream.com.ph wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> im looking on my /var/spool/postfix/incoming and i dont see any
> directories. how can release a message on quarantine without these
directories. i tried omitting the letter directory as indicated on the
wiki but i got a warning on the postfix queue.

The 'letter directories' you describe are Postfix's hashed queue (I'll
leave you to do the Googling for what they are and if you think you need
them). If you don't have them (The default these days) all you do is the
same as described in the wiki but ignore the bit about the lettered
directory. Just drop the message (Assuming it's in queue file format as
Glenn asked) in to /var/spool/postfix/incoming/ with the right ownership
and file permissions and wait for the qrunner to pick it up and do it's
job.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ