To: and "not From:" Ruleset Option?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:13:45 CET 2007

On 24/01/07, Ian <cobalt-users1 at fishnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think this is possible but would like to here your opions:
>
> I use several different email addresses for various mailing lists.  Sooner or later these
> addresses get spammed.  I would like a Spam Blacklist rule like:

> maillinglist_sending_addr at mailing_list_domain.tld       yes
>
> (all one line)
>
> Is this possible.  I have read the MAQ and examples and can't see this anywhere so I
> assume it isn't.  If not, could it be added in a future release?
>
> I am not bothered about losing emails from people posting directly to me, the should be
> posting to the list anyway!
>
> Regards
>
> Ian
AFAICR there is no "test negation", no. Then again, you could instead
set a "default to yes" rule first and then put a "specifically say no"
rule before that, like
To:     mailinglist_local_address at mydomain.tld  AND From:
maillinglist_sending_addr at mailing_list_domain.tld       no
To:     mailinglist_local_address at mydomain.tld   yes
(watch out for wrapping/WS conversion... Just an example, type your own:-)
Cheers
--
-- Glenn