New 4.58.5 beta released

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Tue Jan 23 19:55:58 CET 2007

sandrews at andrewscompanies.com wrote:
> I see the note about BarricadeMX in the changelog and to contact fsl.com
> for it; but I don't see anything on their website regarding this
> product.

It's not available yet - we're beta testing it at the moment and getting
all the ancillary stuff ready.

BarricadeMX is a collaboration between FSL and Snertsoft, it is a
multi-threaded SMTP proxy written entirely in C, *some* of it's features
include:

-  DNS blacklisting
-  URI blacklisting
-  SPF checks
-  SIQ server support (Reputation Services)
-  SMTP call-ahead/call-back and SMTP AUTH proxying
-  Greylisting (our version is different to other implementations)
-  Backscatter removal + Auto Whitelist of Message Replies
-  Various RFC checks (HELO, connecting IP, no MX records etc.)
-  Rate controls (Conncurrent, Per Minute, Size, Number etc.)
-  Extensible filtering using custom scripts written in any language

It can also run SpamAssassin (spamd) and ClamAV (clamd) checks at SMTP
time if desired (it's better do these in MailScanner though).

The initial version will be UNIX only and we will follow that with a
Windows release at a later date.  BarricadeMX will also be included as
part of DefenderMX 2.0 when it is released.

We'll post more information when the product is ready, but in the
meantime you can send questions to info at fsl.com (please don't send them
to the MailScanner list).

Kind regards,
Steve.