Help: waiting for children to die: Process did not exit cleanly

Kimpton, C (Chris) Chris.Kimpton at rabobank.com
Tue Jan 23 16:20:53 CET 2007

Hi,

My production box is on MailScanner 4.50.15.1 and that's working fine.

I realised that I had spamassassin turned off and it was not even
installed.

Running it in debug now gives more info - ending in this error:

[11934] dbg: check: is spam? score=2.216 required=5
[11934] dbg: check:
tests=MISSING_HEADERS,MISSING_SUBJECT,NO_REAL_NAME,NO_RECEIVED,NO_RELAYS
,TO_CC_NONE
[11934] dbg: check:
subtests=__HAS_MSGID,__MSGID_OK_DIGITS,__MSGID_OK_HOST,__NONEMPTY_BODY,_
_SANE_MSGID,__UNUSABLE_MSGID
Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
format error: can't find EOCD signature
 at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 820
Undefined subroutine &MailScanner::Message::df called at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Message.pm line 1715.

So it looks like an issue with statfs/df stuff is not being found for
Perl... Now to track down which Gentoo package has it or perhaps it's a
USE flag  ;-)

Ok - RTFM - I see there is g-cpan that can install Filesys::Df....

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Email_Virus_Scanner_--_Mailscanner#Installi
ng_of_Additional_Software

... And now its working - hurray.

Thanks for the help,