Spam slipping through

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Mon Jan 22 23:20:26 CET 2007

Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> I'm not sure if this is a MailScanner problem or a SpamAssassin problem,
>> but someone here will at least be able to help me narrow it down.  I am
>> running MailScanner 4.57.6 on Suse Linux 10.1.  My MTA is Postfix 2.3.6
>> and I'm running SpamAssassin 3.1.7.
>
> So you need more rules. Or make own rules. Spammers are getting smarter,
> so also you need to do more ;)

Yeah, I'm finding myself spending more time adding and removing local
rules than I'd like. Rules_du_jour and sa-update are good for trends in
spam, and Bayes, Razor and DCC are helpful, but these blasts of easy to
catch spam that don't hit many rules are a real PITA.

Spammers are succeeding when they can hit you hard and fast with some
simple ascii and bayes poisoning junk. If you don't have a rule in place
pretty quickly, you can see quite a few go through...

My approach is to make adding and removing rules as easy as possible, so
that if I get a few "Re: now ..." in the subject (todays' flavor), I can
quickly block them.

It still requires some banging on the keyboard. No point and click or
telepathic solutions yet.. (patent pending...) .. heh heh..

Ken A.
Pacific.Net