Question on OUTBOUND for MailMan

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 22:31:22 CET 2007

On 20/01/07, Rob Poe <rpoe at plattesheriff.org> wrote:
> Is there a way to instruct MailScanner to NOT scan emails (for spam) on an outbound only basis?
>
> Reason I ask, is I had to set the "per user" personalization and now instead of batching, it sends each message as a seperate message - which causes MailScanner to run each of those through SpamAssassin.
>
> It would be MUCH faster if that were possible.  Maybe this is something I could do in an email header as opposed to the "From:" field.  A thought.

Rob,

Have you measured this? Thing is, if you use the SpamAssassin result
cache (SQLite thing) the overhead of split/recipient messages (which I
assume you are talking about) is rather marginal... Only the cost of
the digest+database lookup/"extra" message...

If you want to skip SpamAssassin, do that with a ruleset (as usual) on
"Use SpamAssassin" in MailScanner.conf, or on "Spam Checks"... The
latter disables a few things more than SA.

Or am I reading you wrong?
Cheers
--
-- Glenn