Greetpause seems very ineffective (Was: RE: Increased Volumes Of Spam)

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Jan 20 01:18:58 CET 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Durval Menezes wrote:

> I've rechecked my analysis and found no mistakes; are you folks *really*
> measuring GreetPause efficiency and finding these 10-20% numbers, or are
> you deriving these numbers more from "feeling" or something? What other
> explanations for the above discrepancies can you think of?

The fact remains mail servers should WAIT for the 220 msg, those that
dont, are ill configured, most likely but not always spammers.

Either way they dont observe protocol so why the hell SHOULD we accept
mail from. I certainly don't and wont.

--
Cheers
Res

"So, you think you can tell Heaven from Hell?" - Roger Waters