MailScanner vs Borderware

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 18:21:37 CET 2007

A colleague of mine who's responsible for quite a large MS
installation processing mail for a number of our largest clients is
considering switching to Borderware instead. I have built his
installation and take care of all the more complex work but he's fed
up with tinkering with rulesets (typically white/blacklists) for end
users.

I know that many of you will recommend him to use MailWatch for
simplicity but he wants to move configuration to the end users
themselves and apparently BW offers that.

1. Does anyone here know pros and cons of BW appliances besides what
you can find out by visiting their web site? I have read their
material from there.
2. Is there (web) frontends aimed at the end users available for MS?
Is DefenderMX the answer?

I want more MS, not less so I want to provide what he thinks MS lacks
in comparison to the commercial alternatives (who tend to focus on
nice GUI:s).

--
/peter