MS additional header line

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Fri Jan 19 01:58:35 CET 2007

OK, makes sense...

Would that full 'id' be available to a custom module that could add a
header? If so he could write his own.

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 01:05:46 +0100
  "Glenn Steen" <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 19/01/07, Dennis Willson <taz at taz-mania.com> wrote:
>>MailWatch.pm gets that 'id' from MailScanner. It's not generated by
>>MailWatch, just recorded (I looked at the MailWatch.pm code. I'm not
>>sure where MailScanner gets it. I assume the MTA, but I'm not sure. I
>>see the id he's referreing to... in the MailWatch database. This is
>>the same ID that is used to release quarantined Spam and Virus. So
>>MailScanner can relate that ID to a message.
>>
>>I believe he wants to be able to look at an emails headers and then
>>go
>>to the 'jump to message' and enter the ID and go to the details and
>>do
>>what ever he needs.
>>
>Quite correct Dennis, and it is the "queue file ID" that all MTAs
>seem
>to have an incarnation of that it refers to (MailScanner get this
>when
>it reads in a message into the batch and constructs the (perl)
>message
>object). But this is a Postfix-ism biting him... Jules adds (at my
>request) some five random hex digits after a dot at the end of the
>"original" ID, to prevent queue file ID reuse (which is pretty common
>in Postfix) to create duplicate records in MailWatch (and possibly
>any
>other database logging apps).
>So the information he needs to do that nice cut'n'paste is only
>partially there in the headers. See my other post for "workarounds".
>--
>-- Glenn
>email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
>work: glenn < dot > steen < at > ap1 < dot > se
>--
>
>Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham (Extra Class): KA6LSW
GMRS : WQGF680
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt,
Equip, UW Photographer, Gas Blender

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"