help fighting spam

Ian cobalt-users1 at fishnet.co.uk
Wed Jan 17 17:21:00 CET 2007

On 17 Jan 2007 at 16:10, Martin.Hepworth wrote:

> Jon
>
> I'd check you URI-RBLS are working (as I think I suggested on the
> sa-users list ;-)
>
> Also dcc/pyzor/razor and the SARE/fred rules from www.rulesemporium.com
> are useful (can't remember if I already mentioned this..)

Hi,

I can second this as all the emails you sent to the spamassassin list with
that particular web address (I won't repeat it) were picked up by these
rules:

3.00 URIBL_BLACK
4.09 URIBL_JP_SURBL Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL
blocklist

Luckily they fell just under my high scoring spam score because of
BAYES_00 or I wouldn't have seen them :)

Regards

Ian