Increased Volumes Of Spam

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Tue Jan 16 14:15:17 CET 2007

Which MTA are you using?

If it's Sendmail 8.13, consider using the GreetPause feature.  You'll
need to tune this because there are many broken MTAs out there.

cbl.abuseat.org or zen.spamhaus.org are both good enough to reject mail
at the MTA level, search the archives for the details of how to override
the rbls for specific senders / recipients in sendmail's "access" file.

And try milter-greylist as well.  I use a bunch of less reliable RBLs to
greylist by.

Use the rules from www.rulesemporium.com (and the rules_du_jour script).

I find "Fred's Headers" rule useful too.

Adding ImageInfo from http://rulesemporium.com/plugins/ helps too.

Cheers,

Phil
--