Installation

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jan 12 23:17:25 CET 2007

Glenn Steen spake the following on 1/12/2007 6:18 AM:
> On 12/01/07, Martin <martin.lyberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Scott Silva wrote:
>>
>> > Is there a specific reason you want to use the tarball install?
>> > The rpm based install will do so many more steps for you. It will
>> leave you
>> > with a almost ready to run install, ready for you to tweak and
>> adjust. And you
>> > will have the side benefit of the rest of your rpm system not
>> breaking any of
>> > your perl stuff.
>>
>> Scott,
>>
>> Where did you find an RPM for MailScanner?
>>
> How about http://www.mailscanner.info -> Downloads? Sure, the RPM
> install is a tarball (that will (through the install.sh script) build
> and install the relevant RPMs for you...), but it really does include
> an RPM for mailscanner itself ... to...;-).
>
> Cheers
Thanks for catching that, Glenn. I'm in one of our remote offices and was
behind on the list. Too bad this office is remote, because it is actually 40
miles closer to home than our main office.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and