spam.whitelist.rules whitelist to:

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 11 10:22:21 CET 2007

Michael Masse wrote:

> <8D8A77DC1FA09546936E74FC3EEC627AD40B93 at FREXGENEVA-01.frfr.foxriver.com>,
> "Kosta Lekas" <KLekas at foxriver.com> wrote:
>
>> I have some users that do not want to be subject to any sort of spam
>> filtering what so ever. They would rather put up with the spam then
>>
> risk
>
>> false positives. I am not one to argue with them so I add a
>>
> "whitelist
>
>> to" rule for them in spam.whitelist.rules file. The problem is when
>>
> spam
>
>> comes in addressed to multiple recipients including the "whitelist
>>
> to"
>
>> address, the spam mail gets whitelisted and delivered to all
>>
> recipients
>
>> resulting in complaints form the people who want spam filtering
>>
> turned
>
>> on. Is there any way around this besides removing the "whitelist to"
>> entry?
>>

> Instead of MS deleting spam, you could flag spam either via some sort
> of subject modification, or header modification.   That way each client
> can have a filter to do whatever they want with it.    The normal people
> can have the spam deleted or put into a folder or whatever, and the
> paranoid people can have the email show up with everything else.
> Those people also get the benefit of see'ing just how infrequently false
> positives occur, and after a while will probably just start
> automatically deleting those flagged emails anyways.   You could take
> this one step further and utilize MailScanner high scoring spam actions
> to do other things with high scoring spam which I've never seen a FP
> occur on, although I've raised the threshold from the default.

If you use the extra added headers supplied in the default
MailScanner.conf file, then Thunderbird (at least) can be set to use
these headers to automatically move these messages into your "Junk"
folder. Just set Thunderbird to use the SpamAssassin headers, and it
will work great with MailScanner.

> Mike

Jules

- --