bug not fixed?

Greg Matthews gmatt at nerc.ac.uk
Wed Jan 10 17:45:21 CET 2007

According to the changelog for 4.56.8:

"1 When 'Outgoing Queue Dir' was changed from the default, kicking
sendmail into attempting delivery of a new processed message in the
outgoing queue would just wait for the next regular run of the queue.
Now fixed so that a delivery attempt is made immediately. This fix only
affects users who have changed the "Outgoing Queue Dir" setting and who
are also using sendmail as their MTA."

However, I have a ruleset for my outbound queues which splits mail up
according to destination. It seems that only mail in (default queue)
qDEFAULT is getting prompt delivery, everything else is not getting any
attention for up to 40 minutes. The queue runner is set on a 15 minute
cycle.

MailScanner v4.57.6 and I have this in MailScanner.conf:

Delivery Method = batch

So it looks like MailScanner is not properly asking sendmail for an
immediate delivery attempt on all the queues but also, the queue runner
seems to take longer than 15 mins to get around to delivering the queued
messages.

anyone else seeing this?

GREG
--