Reject bounce email

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Jan 9 23:18:00 CET 2007

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Glenn Steen wrote:

> On 09/01/07, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Gerard Seibert wrote:
>>
>> > If you are using Postfix, please include the output of: postconf -n as
>>
>> isn't this more suited to the postfix mailing list, I fail to see what it
>> has to do with MailScanner.
>>
> Well.... In principle you are of course correct Res, but ... I fail to

The problem is, all the OT crap of this list, means those with real
problems get ignored, the past few months have been hectic for Julian, if
the list had only 5 posts a day that were only MailScanner related, its
highly likely he would have had time to read it and help those with
problems, I'm aware of some that had to wait till he returned.

Noise delays resolutions, I've seen so many knowledgeable people on many
lists who can help people with problems cease to help because they miss
the posts because they do a high speed skim becaudse of trash that doesnt
belong there. For instance one of the Red Hat based lists that I was
a key contributor once, years later I'm still on the list, but all I do
these days is hit dddddddddddddddddddddddd -> to the end, the subject
line display in pine tells me its all noise.

I am the first to admit I have participated in a good deal of the noise,
but as spare my time is now coming to halt, theres little chance of that
continuing.

> see how this differs much from the general off-topicness we usually

it doesnt, its all noise

> manage to harbour when it comes to MTA setup/tweaking (and that goes

MTA tweaking with a configuration for MailScanner is of course signal.
but back chatter and milters is high level noise, they are not caused nor
introduced by MailScanner and will be there before and if you remove
MailScanner.

--
Cheers
Res

"So, you think you can tell Heaven from Hell?" - Roger Waters