Greylisting (WAS: Re: MailScanner ANNOUNCE: 4.57 released)

Nerijus Baliunas nerijus at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 9 01:53:44 CET 2007

Glenn Steen <glenn.steen <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 04/01/07, Julian Field <MailScanner <at> ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> > What do you need me to look at?
> >
> (snip)
> Well, these queue files Nerijus posted in
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/47084/focus=47128
> ... As you can see from the thread, postcat seems to grok them OK, but
> not MS. So I was planning (in your absense) to try see why things
> don't pan out... but never got the time. I sure would appreciate (not
> to mention Nerijus if you could take the time to look at them.

The problem is described here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/46998

And the queue files are attached here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/47128

BTW, is it just a simple (if I can call it so) problem with some
additions to queue files, or is it a more serious problem involving
interaction between postfix, its milter interface and MailScanner?

Thanks a lot!

Nerijus