Spamhaus PBL zone now live

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Mon Jan 8 22:41:17 CET 2007

Hi Julian,

Julian Field wrote:

> I have added the pbl and zen domains to the spam.lists.conf file in the
> main distribution.
> Should I change the default supplied set of Spam Lists = setting to
> include either the pbl or zen domains?

My personal opinion is that 'Spam Lists' should be defaulted to empty.

The Spamhaus mirrors are not really free to those who have a high mail
volume.  If you make more than a certain number of queries to the
mirrors, you will be contacted by them and asked to purchase a datafeed
subscription.

I also think that any RBL choice should be made by the admin of the
system, that way they know why when a messages is marked as '{Spam?}'
but was scored by SpamAssassin beneath their 'Required SpamAssassin
Score' threshold.

Cheers,
Steve.