Greylisting (WAS: Re: MailScanner ANNOUNCE: 4.57 released)

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jan 5 00:20:46 CET 2007

Julian Field spake the following on 1/4/2007 2:10 PM:

> Glenn Steen wrote:
>> BTW, if you don't mind a personal question... What ails you? Hopefully
>> something livable/curable?!
> A very long list. I have no portal vein (look it up) nor 2/3rds of my
> stomach. My digestive system is a Y shape (yours is an S shape if you
> think about it). The painful bit is an old operational scar, which
> forces a lot of blood through a bunch of very small veins, for which I
> live on pain-killers the same strength as morphine. It's "oxycodone"
> which you can look up. It's very strong, and highly addictive. It's said
> to be twice as hard to withdraw from as heroin. So that's great fun. Due
> to no portal vein and chronic liver disease from post-op complications,
> I have hepatic encephalopathy, which is basically when your blood
> poisons your brain, as a result of liver failure. And I have all sorts
> of blood problems too, protein C and K deficiences, vitamin K
> deficiency, which causes various other problems.
>
> The upshot is that I live on 100 pills per week, I have to go into
> hospital every 3 weeks for a blood check-up, and I have no memory to
> speak of, I forget everything.
>
> The only advantage is that I never feel hungry, due to the results of
> one of the (at least) dozen operations I've had.
>
> You asked :-)
>
> Jules

Jules,
I am so sorry for the pain and suffering you go through, and can't even begin
to imagine what it must be like. I do know about the oxycodone withdrawals, as
I was on OxyContin (a timed-released version) for a few months after a car
accident.
If they could only repair your portal vein, it might clear up many of the
symptoms. The limited blood flow to the liver will cause many of problems, but
I am sure you have been told that many times.
How you find the strength to work as you do is a testimony to your strength of
will, as most people would not want to get out of bed, much less do a full
time job.

You are in my prayers!

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...